Pages

Tuesday 2 April 2013

12 Hearts (motifs #21 to #25)

During the last 12 months I have been tatting all 12 hearts from Tatting Hearts by Teri Dusenbury for a special project.  I have finally finished them, and will count them as the final five in my second 25 motifs challenge.
While tatting the hearts I found an easier method for doing the half daisy's on several of the patterns.  Instead of adding the third shuttle thread I used a SSSR (single shuttle split ring) to carry the thread to the otherside, then tatted the petals of the flowers.  This makes the patterns so much easier to do.
 I found the hearts challenging but satisfying to do and am proud that I have completed all of them.
 
 


motifs 21 to 25
12 Hearts from Tatting Hearts by Teri Dusenbury
in Milford 2 ply Satin ombre Red 



2 comments:

  1. All so beautiful!!! And fabulous colors!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on completing them, they look great, and well done for finding an easier way of tatting them.

    ReplyDelete