Pages

Sunday 3 March 2013

40 Tulips

Hello everyone,
for a Christmas exchange I received the following supplies and book.

Masterpieces in Tatting by Ben Fikkert
 I then tatted the pattern 40 tulips from the book, with the rainbow HDT perle 5 cotton.  I had to add a contrasting green for some chains at the outside, and yellow for the tulip centres, so that I had enough thread to finish it.
Forty Tulips
detail of final rows with contrast green and yellow
This was a lovely pattern to tat and apart from the thread issue I could of tatted it in one pass, as I was doing with the centre.
This will be a present from my cousins daughter, I hope she likes it.

5 comments:

  1. What's not to like? It's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful!!! Great design and colors!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh... That is SO pretty!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! It's fun to see the same patterns done with different threads, this is so she catching! very very nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice to see your work. I live in North Carolina USA. Absolutely no one tats that I know. I had an aunt and a grandmother who did. After many years of wanting to learn, I looked it up on Youtube and learned. I needle tat and it is so addictive. Keep up the beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete