Pages

Monday 28 January 2013

A New Begining and Motif #20

Sorry for being absent for so long.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Over Christmas while wearing my snowflake earings at the shop, one of our regular customers asked where I got them, when I told Him that I made them and that I tat, he asked if I would teach him.  So this year I have started teaching Alex, Alison, Amanda and Isabel how to tat.  3 weeks ago we had our first Tatting Tuesday.  By reading other peoples blogs when they are teaching new tatters, we started with two colour chains.  After an hour and a half of concentration, mistakes and success, they all left having mastered the flip and putting picots on their chains.  I was really proud of their success.  Next week onto rings and butterflys.

Since November I have been tatting more snowflakes, christmas ornaments as presents and using the supplies I got in a christmas exchange.
Here are some of the christmas ormaments that I gave as presents to DH's family.
motif #20 Christmas ornaments
 I also remade the Minor flying Norwiegen Dragon as a present for a girl for her 21st. I beaded it and stiffen and placed jump rings on it and threaded a ribbon to make a necklace for her.
Beaded Minor Flying Norwiegen Dragon
 
Hopefully it wont be so long between posts.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, 4 tatting pupils, good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ornaments and beautiful dragon!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's difficult for me to imagine celebrating Christmas in hot weather (being from Pennsylvania), although DH and I did spend Christmas in Florida one year, and I loved it, but it seemed so strange to see Christmas lights on palm trees! Hope you had a nice holiday!

    I really like these ornaments with the white thread on gold! I'm sure they were very much appreciated! (You've certainly made many lovely ornament covers!) And I've always admired the dragons and seahorse patterns but have yet to tat them. I'm sure the young lady loved this one! A very special gift, indeed!

    Congratulations on teaching four students! I have long advocated starting with the chain and the two colors of thread and I'm so glad it is now finding favor. Janette Baker's excellent DVD starts this way, and other tatters have good videos showing it on the internet. Once the flip is mastered on the chain, the ring is so much easier to maneuver, even though using only a single color of thread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice blog you have herre

    ReplyDelete